St. Andrew Kim Tae Gon Shrine is a Catholic Church with a Korean inspired architecture. Located in Brgy. Lolomboy, Bocaue province of Bulacan. Because of its beautiful architectural design it became a place of interest for most of travel bloggers whenever they are visiting Bulacan. This place is simply amazing and the structures and the ambience makes you feel you are in Korea.
Who is St. Andrew Kim Tae Gon
St. Andrew Kim Tae Gon is a Korean priest who seeked refuge and studied in the Dominican convent in Lolomboy, Bulacan. He was beheaded by the emperor of Korea because of his faith and Christianity. St. Andrew Kim became the first Korean Catholic priest and the Patron Saint of the Roman Catholic clergy in Korea. He also became the second patron saint of Lolomboy Parish.
St. Andrew Kim Tae Gon was beatified by Pope Pius XI in 1952 and canonized by Pope John Paul II in May, 1984.
The Parish of Sto Cristo and St. Andrew Kim Tae Gon was established in 1959. It was also declared as a sister parish of a shrine also dedicated to Kim Tae Gon in South Korea in 1986. Stephen Cardinal Kim Soul Archbishop gave a statue of Kim Tae Gon to the parish which was enshrined on the old church building.
The shrine is located in Brgy. Lolomboy, Bocaue, Bulacan and is run by Korean nuns. There is No Entrance Fee when you visit the place. Just make sure not to make noise and wear decent attire as this is a place for worship.
How to get there
- From Trinoma you can take a UV going to Sta. Maria via Bocaue Exit. Tell the driver to drop you to 7 eleven Bocaue Exit. Look foot jeepneys bound to Monumento, Meycauyan or Marilao and tell the driver to drop you at McDonald’s Lolomboy. Landamarks are McDonald’s, Jollibee, Mang Inasal and 7 eleven. The shrine is a walking distance from the landmarks.
- Via bus from SM North Edsa. Take German Espiritu bus bound to Balagtas, Bulacan and tell the driver to drop you at 7Eleven Bocaue. Take a Jeep bound to Marilao, Meycauyan or Monumento via Mc Arthur Highway. Ask the driver to drop you at Lolomboy McDo.
- Via RJ Bus from Monumento bound to Balagtas, Bulacan. Same drop off point mentioned above.
- Via private vehicle, use Waze or Google maps to locate the place.
- You can also take jeepneys from Monumento bound to Malolos, St. Maria, Balagtas, Plaridel via Mc Arthur Highway. But be patient as traffic is worst.
Opening hours is from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Silay City: Points of Interest, Where to Eat, Where to Stay
- Sipalay Travel Guide: Top things to do and Where to Stay
- Top Best Beaches in Negros Occidental ( Detailed Guide)
- Lakawon Island Resort and Spa Travel Guide
- St. Andrew Kim Tae Gon Shrine: Korea in Bulacan
A freelance hairstylist and makeup artist. Love to travel and explore places. Festival lover, local food lover and proud Filipino! Join me in my adventures and misadventures exploring my beloved country Philippines. Don’t forget to follow me on my social media accounts to stay updated.